Friday, February 24, 2006
The AAHPM has announced the dates for call proposals, so get your brains cranking on that great presentation for next year in Salt Lake City, UT.
The dates of the Assembly are: February 14-17, 2007.
The call for workshops and concurrent presentations is March 15th-May 1st, 2006.
The call for case studies , papers and posters is from June 15 - July 17, 2006.
There will also be a late call in the fall for Fellows, Residents and Medical Students for a case conference, but we are still working out those dates.
I was lucky to be on the Steering Cmte for the 2005 Assembly and from reviewing lots of proposals, I have a few suggestions and tips:
- Splele CHEKK, Splle KhCekc, Spell Check! I cannot say that enough. Use computer AND human spell checking four if you don't it will no look professionalism.
- Must should you try to always do grammar checks.
- Include other disciplines when appropriate.
- Include peers from other institutions for synergy.
- Look at last year's topics to find overdone topics or the next 'hot' thing.
If anyone else has some submission tips, please feel free to submit them in the comments section.