Wednesday, April 27, 2011
We are fortunate enough to have two back to back contests to give our loyal Pallimed readers. We just announced our winners of our first contest and now if you were not able to go to Chicago you can enter this next contest, because you can just stay home.
The Metta Institute is giving two lucky Pallimed readers a complimentary individual registration for their May 3rd teleconference "Being with Dying" with Joan Halifax Roshi, a Zen priest, Founder and Co-Abbot of the Upaya Zen Center (Twitter: @UpayaZen) . The teleconference will focus on "Being with Dying" and the essential role of compassion in caregiving. She has worked in the area of death and dying for over thirty year and has been a keynote speaker at NHPCO and AAHPM national conferences. The cost of the teleconference is $25 for individuals or 10 for $150.
To enter for one of the two registrations you have three simple ways and each time counts as an entry:
- Add a comment to this blog post. The content is not critical but if we want to start a discussion of mindfulness and compassion in caregiving that would be topical! If a discussion really gets going that could be a lot of entries.
- Tweet about the conference/contest: Examples:
- "Hoping to win the @Pallimed Contest for the Metta Institute teleconf with @jhalifax #hpm"
- Just make sure to include the words '@Pallimed' and 'Metta' since that will be how I find your tweet for an entry!
- Yes you can follow Joan Halifax Roshi on Twitter at @jhalifax
Winners will be announced on the Facebook Fan Page at 3pm Central. Winners will be asked to blog about the conference and will be posted here on Pallimed to share what you learned.
Any feedback on these contest is appreciated either on this blog post or at firstname.lastname@example.org. No money or goods were exchanged for this contest. It is open to everyone except me including Pallimed contributors. You do not have to be a subscriber to Pallimed, nor a health care professional.