Sunday, January 3, 2016
2015 was a pretty exciting year in palliative care, but 2016 has a lot happening as well. Here are some of the things to put on your calendar right now, so you do not miss them!
To access these dates via Google Calendar (HTML), click here.
To import a .ics file of all current dates to your calendar software, click here.
- National POLST Paradigm Conference - February 3-5 - Chicago, IL
- Cambia Sojourns Scholars applications due - February 26
- HPM Board Certification Registration - March 1-May 16
- SWHPN General Assembly - March 6-8, 2016 - Chicago, IL
- AAHPM/HPNA Annual Assembly - March 9-12 - Chicago, IL
- Pallimed/GeriPal 10th Annual Gathering - March 10, Location TBD in Chicago, IL
- Caring for the Human Spirit Conference (HealthCare Chaplaincy Network) - April 11-13 - San Diego, CA
- National HealthCare Decisions Day - April 16 - Nationwide
- NHPCO 31st Management and Leadership Conference - April 19-23 - National Harbor, MD
- HMDCB Application Deadline - April 25
- Beginning of the HMDCB Certifcation testing window - May 19 - June 6
- Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Conference - June 3-5 - Banff, AB, Canada
- New Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellows begin! - July 1
- #hpm chat 6th Anniversary - July 14
- Hospice Action Network Advocacy Intensive - July 18-19 - Washington, DC
- AAHPM Summer Institute - July 24-27 - Pittsburgh, PA
- NHCPO/AAHPM/HPNA Virtual Conference - August 9-11 - Online
- Palliative Care in Oncology Symposium - September 9-10 - San Francisco, CA
- 21st International Congress on Palliative Care - October 18-21 - Montreal, QC, Canada
- CAPC National Seminar - October 26-29 - Orlando, FL
- NHPCO 17th Clinical Team Conference and Pediatric Intensive - October 31-November 4 - Hollywood, FL
- HPM Board Exam - November 7, 2016
- NHPCO releases Annual Facts and Figures
- #hpm chat (Twitter) - Wednesday nights 9p ET
If you know of any other major events, please add them in the comments below and we may add them to this growing list.
If you would like to help maintain this list and the Google Calendar, it is pretty easy, and can be taught in less than 30 minutes, please email editor - at- pallimed.org.
If you are interested in writing up a report for a major conference listed above, we are always looking for traveling correspondents. Please read this overview of writing conference reports and submit the form on that page.
If you are interested in educational events in Asian countries, please see this Google Calendar maintained by APHN.
Christian Sinclair, MD, FAAHPM is the editor of Pallimed, and always loves a good conference.